· This story comes from me misreading the plot of Shopping For Death (https://archive.macleans.ca/article/1954/6/1/shopping-for-death), written by Ray Bradbury.
· Jack Smith and Shelley Smith take their name from the protagonists of The Shining (1977) — the original name of this story.
· The surname of Jack and Shelley is inspired by the 2005 Doug Liman film starring Brangelina.
· Déjà Vécu is an intense, but false, feeling of having already lived through the present situation.
· Uberrimae Fidei is a principle of insurance, literally meaning ‘Utmost good faith’ in Latin.
· The name Tabitha is taken from Tabitha King, the wife of Stephen King. Stephen is also the name of character Tabitha’s husband.
· The Overlook Cafe is named after The Overlook Hotel in The Shining.
· “You’ve been watching me” and “Following me?” are lines taken straight from Shopping For Death.
· The final scene happens in the exact way as dreamed by Shelley.